Have you experienced the invigorating feeling when you stepped out of your car and breathed in lungfuls of fresh sea breeze or mountain air on a holiday?
Our homes have a deep impact on our behavior and as a result on our health.
The restricted boundaries of the walls around us, unkempt cupboards, overflowing laundry baskets etc. trigger our stress response instead of the relaxation response one is supposed to experience at home.
The benefits of adding a little nature into our homes is a way of breathing in life, rejuvenating our senses, giving us a respite from our stressful life at work.
Bringing in the outdoors, does not only mean getting and filling our spaces with plants but creating an outdoorsy feel to the home.
Here are a few reasons why we must bring in the outdoors:
1. Plants in our homes improve the air quality.
2. Fresh flowers in homes bring in cheer and are mood-uplifting.
3. By actually growing and tending for what we eat, helps us connect to nature.
4. Getting in touch with nature actually is proven to increase creativity, increase energy and overall performance.
5. Just spending time looking at fresh plants helps recovery and healing.
6. Creating an outdoor atmosphere at home, automatically soothes the mind into a feel-good mode.
7. Incorporating nature in some or the other form around us, generates a feeling of a happy outdoors holiday.
The question is how to go about it?
Well, obviously, surrounding yourself with plants is one of the ideas, but let us explore other ideas as well.
How to bring in the outdoors?
I have compiled a few tips and ideas to Bring in the Outdoors in the following video.
Do watch and enjoy!
Do let me know how you liked these ideas and share with me your thoughts on the same.
Resource 1: homedit
Resource 2: freshome
Resource 3: bhg
Resource 4: designntrend
Resource 5: remodelista
Image credits in the video:
Image 1: pinterest, Image 2: yimg, Image 3: lovethegarden, Image 4: minimalisti, Image 5: stylemotivation, Image 6: plantsonwalls, Image 7: 1001gardens, Image 8: hortchat, Image 9: ellenkennon, Image 10: remodelista, Image 11: homedit, Image 12: freshome, Image 13: bhg, Image 14: bhg, Image 15: bhg, Image 16: bhg, Image 17: bhg, Image 18: designtrend, Image 19: designtrend, Image 20: designtrend, Image 21: designtrend, Image 22: bhg, Image 23: freshome, Image 24: barnandwillow, Image 25: homedit, Image 26: bhg, Image 27: bhg, Image 28: barnandwillow, Image 29: bhg, Image 30: bhg, Image 31: pinterest, Image 32: roomdecorideas, Image 33: pinterest, Image 34: serenityhealth, Image 35: pinterest, Image 36: jewishjournal
B: Bring in the Outdoors
Copyright © 2016 KALA RAVI